Well, it has in fact been a wild ride around the "world" in 80 dishes (or less). I'm so happy we decided to do this project, and I think we've been having a crazy amazing time, despite all that chopping.
It seems corny, but I really think this project helped me discover the things that are "in my own backyard." People joke about Minnesota's overwhelming blond-ness, but this project has really helped us get a taste of the cultures we live with. From our friend's mother's amazing Indian cooking skills to the ethnic markets downtown, we've seen a little bit more of the world, without leaving the metro area.
I feel like this project has been a nice transition to "real life." We've gone from a sheltered world of bells and regulations in school to setting our own schedule for this project. We still work hard... though we might not start as early. We've learned through doing and seeing. We (no thanks to my nonexistent directional skills) even found our way back from the middle of downtown in one piece.
I'm happy that we've gotten to share our project with others a little. We've had friends over some nights, and we've interviewed a few people we know. It's incredibly satisfying to see that others are benefiting from your work.
I think I'll be sad when this project is over. It's been a crazy good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment