Sunday, May 18, 2008

Welcome

Hey,

So, as an introduction to this exciting project, I thought that I'd answer a few frequently asked questions. And by frequently asked questions I mean hypothetical questions from nonexistent people. Questions that I made up, because that's the kind of person I am. So, here goes.

What exactly is this?

First, great question. Around the World in 80 Dishes or Less is a cooking show that we are making for May Term. It is going to focus on one country per "episode" and feature what we hope will be relatively authentic cuisine from such countries as Spain, Greece, China, Argentina and some others.

Why did you dilute the purity of the brilliant pun by adding "...or less"?

We basically have ten days to do this project. Eight days to cook. As much as we all love to cook, ten dishes a day is both expensive and borderline psychotic. Okay, totally psychotic. If we had unlimited resources, we would totally go for it, but alas, we live in the real world, with real world constraints. On a lighter note, thank you for the lovely complement, we love the title too.

Who is "we"? Or, more grammatically precise, who are "we"?

We refers to 3 seniors in high school. More personal information may come later, but I can't promise anything. We are friends. We practice good personal hygiene. We like to cook. That's a pretty good start for now, we tend to be pretty mysterious so...yeah. Not really.

What is May Term?

May Term is a program at our school where seniors are offered the chance to slack off on a project that is outside of school. That means that instead of going to our classes, we get to sleep in, cook food, eat non-cafeteria food, enjoy life a little more, etc. This goes on for two weeks. At the moment, we are planning on making eight episodes though we'll see what happens with that.

What is the point of this blog?

I dunno. To post pictures. Brag about our slacking (Just kidding May Term committee! We're going to work really hard.) . Brag about our blog. Convince ourselves that others actually care about this. Find out that nobody actually cares about this.


Well, I'm all out of questions for myself. Post questions, comments, feedback.

Real entries will probably start tomorrow.

1 comment:

Daphni said...

hello, i'm looking forward to reading your later blogs!